We are so excited that you are interested in volunteering in The MET Kids Ministry! Our volunteers are the backbone of our ministry and we want you on our team.
By coming to our MET Kids Volunteer web page, you have started the process of becoming a Kids Ministry volunteer. Overall, this process includes completing all necessary documents, observing various kids’ venues and environments, determining appropriate placement and training.
Please click on the link below to begin the volunteer application process. Alternatively, you may pick up a volunteer application folder from MET Kids Central on Sunday and complete the application forms manually. After we review your information and submit your background check, we will contact you for an initial interview.
We look forward to working with you to positively impact the kids and families in our community for the glory of Christ.
- Click the “Join the Team” link below to complete the Volunteer Questionnaire.
- After filling out and submitting the Volunteer Questionnaire, you will receive a second link to complete the application in a pop-up window and via email. Please note that you only need to click on one or the other, not both.
Where can I get involved?
Small Group Leaders (birth – grade 5)
Large Group Leaders (grades 1 – 5)
- Host/Games Leader
- Worship Leader
- Bible Story Teller
- Tech Support
(during the school year)
Large Group Teacher
Small Group Leader
Roles & Responsibilities
Small Group Leaders: Relationally connect with kids
Large Group Leaders: Host, lead games, teach Bible stories
Kids Worship Leaders: Lead kids in praise & worship
Kidnection: Leader, teacher and games
Tech Volunteers: Audio, video and lighting
Service Coordinator: Welcome new families, coordinate volunteers and support the kids ministry staff throughout the service
Check-in Volunteers: Help families get their kids checked into service
Greeters: Welcome kids and families
Expectations of a Volunteer
- Be a committed believer in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
- Lead a lifestyle that models Christ
- Have a passion and love for kids
- Take your service seriously, come prepared and act accordingly
- Arrive on time and come ready to listen to the children and build positive relationships
- Work to create a loving and encouraging environment where kids feel safe to express themselves freely
- Receive and respond to all Kids Ministry communications in a prompt and timely manner, including advanced communication for known absences
Common Kids Ministry Misconceptions
You have to have kids
Many young marrieds, college students and grandparents alike serve alongside parents in Kids Ministry. Everyone is encouraged and welcome to join us!
Preparation takes a lot of free time
Small group activities are easy to follow and require very little prep time. All needed supplies are provided for your convenience.
You have to change dirty diapers
While we do have some diaper changing that needs to be done, most of our classrooms are diaper-free. (Don’t worry guys, it’s our policy, no diaper changing allowed by men!)
You must be a Bible expert
If you love Jesus and have a basic understanding of God’s grace through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you are well on your way! Kids like to know their teachers are learning right along with them.
You must be perfect
We are all sinners who have been saved by grace; there is only one perfect person who has ever lived, Jesus Christ. And he joins us in our service every week!
Please click on one of the links at the top of the page to begin the application process.