Our Connections Team Volunteers are the first impression of our church! We want our guests to know they are welcomed, loved and feel a sense of belonging from the moment they drive into our parking lot. Whether you want to serve once a week or once a month, everyone has a Place to Play at TheMET Connections Team!
The main volunteer roles are:
- Parking Team
- You are the first impression! These volunteers help set out the parking signs and provide golf cart rides to and from the parking lot. Please keep a watch out for elderly adults and families with young children as we do our part to help make their Sunday mornings just a little bit easier.
- Coffee Team
- Help make our guests feel at home! Volunteers setup and maintain the coffee stations, brew coffee as needed and keep the area clean from spills and messes. (This role does require some heavy lifting of our freshly brewed coffee).
- Greeting Team
- You are the welcoming committee! Greet people with a friendly smile and keep a watchful eye out for new guests. Pass out bulletins as folks are walking into the worship service. Thank everyone for coming!
- Host Team
- Welcome our new families with a smile and some friendly conversation! Volunteers in this position are asked to walk with families to their worship areas or classrooms while pointing out key locations of the church. Be sure to connect and introduce children and parents to another volunteer as you lead the children to their rooms.
- Shuttle Team
- We want to help families get safely across Jones Road during the months that we come together in the Student building. Volunteers must have a CDL with passenger endorsement and will be shuttling our guests to and from the Student building.
- NEW Call Center Team
- This is a mid-week opportunity! Volunteers on our Call Center Team will help guests connect into the life of TheMET through personal phone calls. We want to find people who are excited to engage with our guests over the phone by thanking them for their visit, receiving feedback on their experience and helping them get plugged into the different ministries.
Our Connections Team primarily serves on Sunday mornings in multiple areas of our campus. Please consider volunteering for 1 or 2 services during our season of renovation. We would love to speak with you about joining our team. Please complete the following if you are interested in serving with our team!