Small Groups Pastor
This is a Hybrid role focused on two major areas of ministry:
Small Groups Pastor:
The Small Groups Pastor is responsible to lead their group community in alignment with TheMET’s mission of making disciples through meaningful relationships. This leader will lead and invest in their volunteer leadership teams making biblical disciples using Jesus’ methods.
Director of Guest Experience:
The Director of Guest Experience champions the guest experience of our Sunday services and church- wide special events, from street to seat, building and reinforcing the values of ‘We’re glad you’re here,’ ‘We’ve been expecting you,’ and ‘Can I help you find your way?’
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Small Groups Pastor (80%):
- Lives out and models the virtues and mission of TheMET, as directed by senior leadership and is actively involved in making disciples who go and make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Identify, develop, raise up, and release leaders within our discipleship process
- Responsible to facilitate and support the connection process by leading people into relational small groups.
- Shepherd and oversight of the biblical process of discipleship of small groups and their leaders.
- Relationally pursue and know where people are in the discipleship process and leadership development.
- Create and develop a relational leadership culture that values the following: Invitation/recruiting; personal spiritual health; training; evaluation; modeling; delegation; empower to do ministry; opportunities to practice; releasing to lead, branch and multiply.
- Ensure all new leaders go through a DS1 training.
- Utilize and maintain Fellowship One in the key areas of tracking and monitoring small groups related data.
- Continuously evaluate the health of our small group attenders and the relationship to their leaders.
Guest Experience (20%)
- Oversee the organization, volunteer staffing and engagement of all segments of our Guest Experience teams, including greeting, first-time guest area, lobby hosts, coffee & beverage, and any other roles necessary for a great experience at TheMET, including any special events on campus.
- Partners with leadership to create and implement guest experience strategy and clearly communicate this strategy to the volunteer teams.
- Identify, develop, and release teams to create connection points to make all guests feel cared for and valued.
- Responsible for partnering with Marketing and Communications to ensure that all wayfinding and multi-media within our lobby environment are effective and excellent during Sunday services and church-wide special events.
- Acts as liaison for ministries requesting lobby space usage during Sunday services. Guest Experience should partner with ministry leaders to ensure the proper allocation of space and resources while creating visibility for each ministry during Sunday services.
- Partner with the Next Steps Pastor to develop and facilitate the proper hand-off of first-time guestinformation collected on-campus or church-wide special events.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining church databases with volunteer teams and first- time guest information.
Qualifications: Education & Experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Must be a member of The MET or willing to transfer membership to The MET.
- Must be actively involved in or leading a discipleship small group.
- Received a call from God to full time ministry.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, related degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience working and/or serving with an evangelical religious team.
- Must have at least 1 year of related leadership experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technology and systems.
- You agree with and act in accordance with TheMET Church beliefs.
- You are proactive, highly service-oriented, and responsive to needs of those served.
- You have an exceptional work ethic and are able to work with minimal supervision, self- motivated, and show initiative.
- You are detail oriented and work with a high sense of urgency.
- You are able to work under tight timelines and prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Communication: You speak and write effectively, using appropriate convention and communication channels based on the situation; you actively listen to others, ask questions to verify understanding, and you use tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Flexibility: You respond positively and adapt to change You demonstrate ongoing support for change efforts.
- Collaboration and Partnership: You encourage and embrace dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions. You share key information with others involved in a project or effort. You follow the biblical model for resolving conflict inaccordance with Matthew 18.
- Managing Work: You are methodical and efficient in structuring and completing You are able to workwith minimal supervision, self-motivated, and show initiative.
- Quality: You set high standards for your work and ensure quality and accuracy in every aspect of work preformed.
- Coachable: You are able to receive constructive feedback and coaching from leaders and peerswithout being defensive. You promptly modify behavior to meet expectations.
- Maturity: You are able to separate emotional feelings from the real issues at You are able to put theneeds of the ministry above your personal needs.
- Accountability: You take personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations. You take responsibility and ownership for your own personal spiritual development.
- Responsibility: You are able to independently make and meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Occasional work in recording studio. Typical schedule is Sunday – Thursday, as well as other times as required by the workload and byleadership. Must be able to work the week of Christmas including Christmas Eve.