Jobs and Internships
Thank you for your interest in serving at The MET! Our staff family enjoys a healthy work environment where we do ministry and life together. We are a cohesive team willing to take risks and work hard while embracing spiritual health and work/life balance.
Our staff culture is “high invitation, high challenge” where leaders own their mistakes and give feedback with candor and love, resulting in a staff-driven by trust and accountability.
There are five core virtues that we strive to cultivate and live out as we bring our best to further the kingdom.
Current Job Opening:
Lamb School Assistant Director
Lamb School is an early childhood Christian education center located in Northwest Houston at The MET Church. At the Lamb School, we want to joyfully partner with families to instill a love for God’s word and an eagerness to learn in the hearts of their children. We want to help young children grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
Lamb School offers classes for ages 18 months – Kindergarten, including extended care offerings. We incorporate enrichment classes into our weekly schedules such as Music & Movement, Spanish and our Discovery lab. Visit https://themet.church/lambschool/ to learn more!
- You are passionate about ministering to children and supporting their spiritual and educational development.
- You seek out relationships and find joy in supporting and anticipating the needs of others.
- You enjoy inventing and creating welcoming environments and experiences for children and parents.
- You help set a spiritual tone through modeling Christ-like behaviors.
- You find joy in completing tasks to reach the desired results.
- You are committed to learning and developing in your spiritual walk and preach the Gospel to yourself daily.
- You get things done without damaging relationships.
- When given clear expectations, you can work with little supervision creating and developing steps as needed to successfully meet goals.
- You get to plant seeds of the Gospel and witness God’s transformative work within the hearts of his children.
- Experience children reaching developmental milestones, overcome challenges and celebrate accomplishments.
- New Lamb School families will discover meaningful relationships with God and each other.
- You will experience a healthy staff culture that is rooted in love, discipleship and celebrating the glory of God.
- You will walk away with new tools to equip you in your own future leadership and development.
- Maintain confidentiality and act with discretion as the gatekeeper for all matters regarding Lamb School.
- Comply with and assist the Director in upholding all current state licensing requirements per the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Successfully plan, prepare, organize, and implement all school-wide events while leading and enabling others in the successful planning and execution of smaller classroom events.
- Purchase and distribute classroom supplies, record expenses, and operate within the assigned budget.
- Partner with Director in training and development for teachers and staff.
- Coordinate school-wide fundraisers and service projects.
- Prepare materials as needed throughout the year, including Memory books, graduations, community days, etc.
- Establish and lead a Parent Volunteer Committee to serve throughout the year for class parties and school events.
- Partner with Director to ideate and determine plans for each school year (i.e. themes, curriculum, events).
- You are a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- You agree with and act in accordance with The MET Statement of Beliefs.
- You are an active member of The MET (strongly preferred).
- You have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and meet on of the combinations of education and experiences as defined in 746.1021 of the Texas Minimum Standards of Child Care Licensing.
- You will maintain HHS required Director Credentialing training for the purpose of assisting the director in supervising the activities of the school.
- You have a minimum of three years of related experience in a preschool, childcare, or church ministry.
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365 software and able to quickly learn ministry software such as ServiceU.
This is a part-time, hourly position. A typical work schedule is Monday – Friday not to exceed 29 hours/week during the school year and 24 hours/week during the summer. Scheduled hours may vary depending on planned events and staff meetings.
Lamb School operates September through May; 9:00 – 2:00 Monday – Thursday, with extended care up until 5:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 – 3:00.