Lamb School: Teaching Assistant
Download the application and submit in-person to Lamb School, located at 13000 Jones Rd.
Lamb School is an early childhood Christian education center located in Northwest Houston at The MET Church. At the Lamb School, we want to joyfully partner with families to instill a love for God’s word and an eagerness to learn in the hearts of their children. We want to help young children grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
Lamb School offers classes for ages 6 months – 1st grade, including extended care offerings. We incorporate enrichment classes into our weekly schedules such as Music & Movement, Spanish and our Discovery lab.
The Teaching Assistant should be cheerful, enthusiastic, and outgoing with a desire to serve and disciple the body of Christ by caring for those with whom they encounter daily. Teaching Assistants may be assigned to one classroom or may float to help with multiple classrooms and age levels.
- You exemplify Jesus in character, attitude, speech, and action and serves as a positive Christian role model to others.
- You are dedicated to providing education to children with a devotion to Christian discipleship.
- You exhibit a learning posture fueled by curiosity and a passion for growth.
- You are solution-oriented thinker with a can-do positive attitude, strong follow-up and a servant’s heart.
- You display humility, relational intelligence, and a desire to influence for good.
- You handle personal and confidential information with integrity and respect.
- You demonstrate intentionality and have a heart for inviting others into meaningful relationships with God and each other.
- Assist Young Preschool, Preschool, Pre-K and Bridge teachers with classroom activities or preparation of materials as needed.
- Assist Young Preschool, Preschool, Pre-K and Bridge teachers in giving breaks to classroom teachers.
- Assist teachers in supervising students during playground time or specialty classes.
- Assist teaching staff in substituting when a teacher must be absent.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Lamb School Resource Rooms (floating assistants).
- Distribute lunches to students and acquire Serve Safe Certification (floating assistants).
- Assist with laundry (floating assistants).
- Supervise students while assisting in classrooms to ensure development and safety.
- Communicate necessary classroom information to parents and supervisor staff and maintains professional conduct.
- Model positive guidance techniques and able to explain the program’s mission and vision to parents and prospective families.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain discipline and control of classroom while providing a Christian atmosphere.
- Keep current knowledge of and comply with criteria as outlined by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services Minimum Standards for Child Care facilities.
- Acquire 24 hours of training per year as outlined by the Texas Minimum Standards for Child Care Licensing.
- Exude Christ-like behavior by supporting and serving supervisors, fellow staff, parents and students
- You are a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- You faithfully attend a local church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with The MET Church and the Statement of Faith of this school.
- You must be 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- You have 6 months of related experience in a licensed childcare facility and or/church ministry environments.
- You must comply with criteria defined in 746.1107 of the Texas Minimus Standards for Child Care Licensing.
- You will accept, abide and support the policies of Lamb School, its educational philosophy, and objectives.
- You demonstrate a collaborative approach with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and parents.
- You communicate, both verbally and written, with integrity, excellence, and effectiveness.
This is a part-time, hourly position not to exceed 29 hours/week. Lamb School holds classes September through May. Teachers must be available in August for Lamb School training and preparation for the upcoming school year. Teacher contracts are evaluated following each completed school year and are not a guarantee of renewal and ongoing employment. The schedule varies depending on the number of days and hours contracted.
Join Our Family
Thank you for your interest in serving at The MET! Our staff family enjoys a healthy work environment where we do ministry and life together. We are a cohesive team willing to take risks and work hard while embracing spiritual health and work/life balance.
Our staff culture is “high invitation, high challenge” where leaders own their mistakes and give feedback with candor and love, resulting in a staff-driven by trust and accountability.